The following instructions are provided as general information and should not be used to replace individualized instructions provided to you by Dr. Ziakas and New Body Plastic Surgery. Feel free to call the office with any questions or concerns.
At home after surgery:
- Day of surgery – Drink lots of liquids and follow a light diet. Start by consuming mostly liquids and gradually progress to soup or jello.
- Day after surgery – Continue drinking lots of liquids and resume your regular diet.
- If you have pain or discomfort, take the prescribed pain medication* every 4 hours with crackers or a light snack.
- If you were prescribed antibiotics or other medications for sleep or anxiety, take as directed.
- *DO NOT drink alcohol, drive, operate machinery or power tools and do not make any important financial decisions while taking pain medications. If you don’t have pain, don’t take the pain medication.
A few days after surgery:
- Please call the office to make a follow-up appointment at (281) 347-0096. Dr. Ziakas will see you a few days after surgery and as frequently as needed based on your healing progress and preferences.
- Most sutures used are absorbable and dissolve on their own and won’t need to be removed by Dr. Ziakas.
- Feel free to call the office with any questions or concerns at (281) 347-0096.