The following instructions are provided as general information and should not be used to replace individualized instructions provided to you by Dr. Ziakas and New Body Plastic Surgery. Feel free to call the office with any questions or concerns.
Evening before surgery:
- Stock your kitchen with plenty of water, juice, and soup. If it’s part of your diet, prepare jello to eat after your procedure.
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after your procedure and to stay with you for 24 hours. You will NOT be allowed to drive yourself home.
- DO NOT eat or drink anything after midnight if your surgery is scheduled before noon.
- Take a shower and get a good night’s rest. (We recommend use of Chlorhexidine soap such as Hibiclens® the night and the morning before your operation, to decrease risk of infection.)
Day of surgery:
- If you are taking medications, please discuss these with Dr. Ziakas. Some medications may need to be held the morning of surgery.
- DO NOT wear contact lenses, hairpieces, or hairpins.
- DO NOT bring personal valuables such as jewelry or cash.
- Wear loose and comfortable clothing, a button-down or zip-up top (do not wear a top that has to be slipped on over your head), loose pants, and slip-on shoes.